Saturday, May 2, 2009

There is more behind

When I am allowed to talk about testing I can get thrilled about this topic. People can see in my eyes that I love this profession. Over the years I met several people I had to work with. Sometimes it was easy to convince them about the meaning of testing and sometimes it was hard to test together.

I think there are several types of persons you will face during the job who need different information

1. People who have not any relationship to testing and are interested in what you are doing
2. People who are ordered to test, without knowledge about testing
3. People who are asked to test and want to learn about it
4. People who want to understand what you are doing, without testing
5. People who are dedicated to testing as you are and want to share knowledge
6. People who are dedicated to testing as you are and don't accept your knowledge
7. People who don't want to do anything with testing and just want you to do it
8. People who don't want to do anything with testing and who don't care

Talking about testing cost time and effort. I think it is important to spend those resources wisely. Therefore before you share information you should identify those types what type of person you are facing with. It will help you to avoid losing those people and spending the wrong effort.

If you acknowledge these types you can train your selves as the message will be different for each type. In your group of stakeholders there might be people who have something to say only don't have the time to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment