Sunday, June 7, 2009

Quotes to think about

Recently, driving in my car to my assignement I heard a commercial on the radio where they mentioned a quote from John Maynard Keynes (English economist, journalist, and financier, 1883-1946): "Ideas shape the course of history!"

I loved that quote as I'm full of ideas. Perhaps I can shape the course some day :)

This triggered me to search for a few other quotes:

G. Moore: "Everybody sets out to do something, and everybody does something, but no one does what he sets out to do."

B. Shaw (Caesar & Cleopatra (1898): "When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."

J. Dryden (All for love (1976): "Errors, like straws, upon the surface flow; he would search for pearls must dive below."

A. Tennyson: "Sweet is it have done the thing one ought."

John Updike (The Carp (1978): "An expert takes nothing personally. Nothing is even precisely his fault. If a bridge collapses or a war miscarries, he has already walked away. He still has his expertise."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the quotes. I too have collected some at Software Testing Quotes. Hope you'll like them.

    ReplyDelete